Friday, September 28, 2012

Tip of the Day

I'm making it sound like I post a tip each day. I don't. Sorry :). Anyways... this is a tip that maybe you're already doing and it's a big "duh" for you, but it just occurred to me yesterday!

So, pretty much every week I cook a big batch of brown rice in my rice cooker and add it to things like breakfast burritos, soups, broccoli and some ginger/sesame oil/sesame seeds, etc. throughout the week. Makes life a lot easier if I'm hungry and need an emergency meal! I've been doing this for seriously almost two years. Oh my. Anyways, it's SO bland, and especially on the detox, there aren't many condiments we can use to spruce up rice, and it seems like my bland rice actually sucks the flavor out of any food that mix it in with. Yet, for nearly 2 years I continued to mindlessly eat it that way! UGH.

Ok. Moving on. So I was making my batch and a light bulb went off. What if I were to use my organic vegetable broth for the liquid, rather than only water? So I put a full carton of vegetable broth in the rice cooker and a little water, turned that baby on, and viola! Delicious, flavorful rice!!! I am so proud of my discovery :). It doesn't have so much flavor that it will overpower anything you use it on, but it's just not bland like before where it killed anything with flavor.

I hope this helps any of you "flavor-seekers" like myself. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment