Friday, September 7, 2012

Trail Mix

Take handfuls of cashews, almonds, sunflower seeds, and any other nut you want - like pecans, hazelnuts, pine nuts, whatever, and mix them together.

Get a bar of 100% pure cacao. You're going to smell it and want to taste it. Don't do it. Well, I already know you're not going to listen to me, so go ahead, but just know that I warned you. It will make your mouth want to turn inside out! Anyways, use a big knife and shave of itty bitty pieces of the cacao and sprinkle that into your mixture of nuts.

Now, put everything in some kind of storage container you can put in the fridge. Drizzle it with agave or coconut nectar and stir it up.

you can even add some air popped popcorn to this if you want! I eat this by the spoonful out of my fridge as a nutrient packed, semi sweet treat. So don't ever come grab some outa my fridge - I double dip :)

No comments:

Post a Comment