Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Protein Bars

Protein Bars:
2 cups organic almond or cashew butter
1 3/4 cups agave nectar
2 1/4 cups protein powder
cups organic, gluten-free Crispy Brown Rice Cereal (like rice krispies! Bought at the health food
store) or 3 cups gluten-free oats.

Microwave the nut butter and agave nectar for 90 seconds. Stir in the protein powder until smooth. Add the cereal or oats and mix. Press into a 9x13 pan and refrigerate to cool. Cut into 24 squares to get the right serving size.

I typically cut them up and put them directly into the snack size ziploc bags, then I put those baggies in the fridge. That way I can just reach in a grab a snack or throw it in my purse on the go.

I usually make these with the chocolate powder but they are fantastic with the vanilla too!

No comments:

Post a Comment