Wednesday, June 22, 2011

World's Easiest Guacamole

I'm always getting compliments on my salsa and guacamole, but they are SO easy that it's almost embarrassing to share the recipe. You're still welcome to think I'm this amazing gourmet chef - even now that you know my secrets :)

4 ripe (somewhat squish-able) avocados
1 Tbls cilantro leaves, cut into pieces with kitchen scissors
1/4 tsp garlic salt
juice of 1 lime
1/2 tomato cut into small pieces
2 Tbls red onion thinly sliced and cut into small pieces

Mix it all together! If you like some heat to your guacamole, add some jalapeno. My family is whimpy so we forego that...

Note: I've recently met some people who commented on how I get the avacado out of it's skin. I didn't know that it wasn't common knowledge, so I'll share my method. I cut it in half from top to bottom (hot dog style), kind of around the seed, then take each half into each of my hands and twist (just like separating an oreo). I prick the seed with my knife and flick it out of there. Sometimes I get a good flick and it lands in the other room of my house, but that's beside the point. I then take a spoon and run it around the edge of each half and under the skin until I get all the yummy part out.

No comments:

Post a Comment